Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Day with Marta

Lucky me, I got to spend a wonderful day at the beach with Marta. We had a great little lunch and then took our chairs, umbrella, sunscreen and of course our sketchbooks down to the water's edge. The weather was lovely especially as the temp at home was 100 degrees.
It was so nice to relax, chat and sketch on the beach. We munched on frosted animal cookies, a beach staple I am told and even gave our feet and legs a cool dip in the water. Thanks for the invite Marta, it was a fun and refreshing afternoon.


Last week I ventured out to Central Park in Huntington Beach with a group of painter friends. I could only stay for a little while and just did this little sketch. I hope to make a few more Tuesdays with the group, they are a great talented group.







I did this sketch while sitting out by the pool in Ensenada, B.C. Mexico. It was either this or people in their swimsuits and that involved way too much information.


Robert Bateman Sketchbook
Pen and Watercolor

9 comments:

Alex said...

Wow, seems like the weather was so good, and that you've had some good company around, and got really productive with some drawings. That to me would be something so good I wouldn't trade it for anything else. :) I love the drawings! They are really well done!

Shirley said...

So nice to meet you in person! Great beach sketches!

Ann said...

Wonderful sketches! The beach looks like a lovely place to be.

nanke's stuff said...

What a great series of sketches and drawings, and how fun to meet up with a group member! Call me a wuss, but 100 degrees doesn't sound very pleasant to a gal from Michigan! lol nancy

Melissa S. said...

This looks like you had a fantastic day! Productive for sure and nicely done.

Cathie Tonkins said...

I grew up in San Diego and my family would spend weekends at the Rosarito Beach Hotel and then drive down to Ensenada. I am in Florida right now. I love your sketches! Good Work!

Ramona said...

What a wonderful way to spent time doing art. Lovely sketches.

mARTa said...

LOL, I'm just now getting around to seeing this. WE DID have a great day!!! Thanks so much for coming to hang out with me at the beach. I have been non stop since then and just this week am hanging around the house just taking it easy. Loved the photo of you at the Walk for the Cure event.

artista said...

The birds are hysterical!
have a great vacation.
Levana