Sunday, November 9, 2008

Patzcuaro, Mexico

Just returned from a great trip to Patzcuaro, Mexico. It is in the state of Michoacan. It was another fun filled, wonderful trip with Mari Le Glatin Keis We stayed one night in Morelia and were greeted with music and fireworks, which are put on in the central plaza every Sat. night.

This is my first page done while strolling through the streets of Patzcuaro. Our posada was just across from one of the five or so churches in the town. It had the most interesting, seemingly random bells through out the day. Most times between 24 and 36 bongs!
Lunches we were on our own and we found a great place at La Casita de Rosi. I ate there 5 or 6 times and it was great. A 3 course meal plus dessert for 60 pesos. ($6) Muy rico! I managed to sketch there as well. Rosi was so sweet and liked to practice her English.
A sketch of marigolds with some petals glued right to the page and a colorful clothesline.
We took a boat ride on the Lago de Patzcuaro. We stopped at a small island for a short time and Olive and I stayed on the boat and sketched the shore line.
More to come.
Robert Bateman 6' x 9" Sketchbook
Pen and Watercolor

8 comments:

Ann said...

Your sketchbook pages are an inspiration!

Margaret Ann said...

I absolutely adore it when you travel...Your sketchbook pieces are always a visual treat...delightful and packed to the brim full of fresh and wonderful memories...simply great cultural captures! I love "travelling" with you! :)

Teri said...

Wonderful travel sketches as always and I love when you share them with us!

mARTa said...

These are great! I need a trip like this!

Anetka said...

Your sketches are amazing:)
Thank you for sharing:)

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Your trip sounds wonderful. I've always been fascinated by Day of the Dead, and it seems like a perfect subject for sketching. You really did well on a busy trip with all these drawings.

Unknown said...

Another great spread. You never cease to amaze me. I still love how you fill an entire page. Great inspiration for us all!

Luba said...

These sketches are great and you have such a nice style!!