Monday, November 25, 2019

Moments and Memories of France



Fancy Chickens were on a table cloth I saw at  Market in Saint Saturin les Apt.  I took a picture of them and then sketched them in my sketchbook.  Of course, by then I had non buyers remorse.  Luckily the next trip to L'Isle sur le Sorgue they were at market and I bought a length.  I also bought the little stone carving.  She is about 6" tall and was so calm and peaceful I just had to add her to my French women collection.

In L'Isle sur la Sorgue our drop off is next to the School of Music so this year I sketched their sign to add to my memories.  There are nice bridges that cross over the canals and I decided to capture part of one of the bridges.

Before coming on the trip I bought everyone in the group a Blessing Bell with a Fluer-de-lis design.

Bonnieux is a very hilly but beautiful little village. We found the rusty old bike hanging on a wall in corner which was quite fun to sketch.  We sat and had a great snack at Le St. André Café where I sketched the Place De La Liberté.  Of course we found the Post Office for our stamp and time for more lavender on the page.

Another collage done with Jackie Long.  I started this one and got a little stuck after the black and color were glued down.  Laura and I had gone to the bakery in Apt for our snack and we each got a bread bag and it was the perfect addition to finish the collage.

Robert Bateman 6" x 9" Sketchbook
Pen and Watercolor


1 comment:

john.p said...

Nice documentation of your trip! I always like travel journals. Keep up the good work.