Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yikes! It's been awhile....

Although I haven't been posting, I have managed to do a few sketches here and there. In January during our big "Storm Watch" Yukon, Lisa and I sketched inside while the rain come down outside. These little ceramic pieces are from Yukon's collection of chop stick rest. I always look through them on every visit and took this chance to sketch them.
In February, my friend Elizabeth and I drove down to Sherman Gardens in Corona del Mar. It was a beautiful sunny yet still cool day and there is always lots to sketch at the gardens. I bravely attempted a turtle in a pond but unfortunately it was from a very bad angle. I did apologize to him as I left.
In April "TAL" the Tustin Art League held a two day Paint Out at Linda's house. Yukon called and off we went. Linda's garden was to be on the Garden tour the next week so it was beautiful. I couldn't resist the lovely Irises and they were just perfect for one of my grids.
Give me some rusty metal or some old wood and I am a happy gal. I love trying to get all the wonderful colors and nuances of these two textures. This is a 9 foot tall metal whirligig in Linda's back yard. Somewhat of a challenge as there was a nice breeze and it kept turning but it was lots of fun.

Robert Bateman 5" x 7" Sketchbook
Pen and Watercolor

No comments: