Friday, October 9, 2009

A few more from France


Here are the last pages from my trip to France. This first one is a grid of some, just some, of the things I bought in the different villages. Fun things to remind me of a great time.
The second to the last day we went to Gordes and my legs just didn't want to do another hilly village so I made my way to the town square. I decided to work on people and gestures. I was pleased with this page and it was fun.
The very last day a few of us went back to Rousillion for the morning. I tried to work looser and did a few more people. I love looking back in my sketchbook as it puts me right back in the moment. Now where is that ice cream man?

Robert Bateman Sketchbook
Pen and Watercolor

8 comments:

Patty Ruthe said...

A great way to save the memories! Very nice job on your sketchbook.

Shirley said...

These are all so wonderful! My love of other people's travel sketchbooks was my impetus to start this journey in sketchbook art. Thanks for sharing yours.

Ramona Davidson said...

Lovely work. To be able to travel and have time to sketch interesting things is an artist's dream. Glad for you.

Timaree said...

Very nice sketches. I'm sure they do bring back memories for you.

Alex said...

Fantastic sketches, and I really like the grid-styled page :)
I've never been to France, but I know that it's a beautiful place despite the stories I heard about how the people are being 'unfriendly' and all.

Krista Meister said...

I love the sketchy collage feel to your pages. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Glad to find your site on the EDM group.

Dan Kent said...

When I enlarge these pictures I can really see how wonderfully delightful your outdoor sketches are! You really captured the people of the place, I think. You must have a dozen memories for each drawing.

Ramona Davidson said...

Lovely art. What fun it must have been to be able to do that much drawing and painting in France.