Wednesday, November 6, 2019

A Little Trip to France

My friend, Marj and I took another group to France for two weeks of art fun!  I'm finally taking time to post some of my sketchbook pages.

First day of sketching with Laura outside at Les Bassacs.  We picked a stem of Lavender and got up close to sketch it.



A little windmill and a bit of a stylized grape vine.  Ardi brought a very cute French stamp from home which we each got to use in our sketchbooks.



I sat right down in the dirt between rows of grape vines and sketched this 30 year old vine.

I decided to add the sprig of Lavender every couple of pages to have a Lavender trail through my sketchbook.



This is the first of a couple of collage pages that I did with Jacki Long using collected papers of Provence.



Robert Bateman 6" x 9" sketchbook
Pen and Watercolor

No comments: